Pages

Monday 30 December 2013

A letter from Emma about: A Year of No Resolutions

Dear Reader, 

This year I have decided not to make any new years resolutions. Not because I won't keep to them but because I  believe that you have any opportunity for change throughout the year and this should not be exclusive to the start of January. 

As many of you may know I really like quotes, so this year instead of resolutions  I have written a collection of my favourite quotes, which I hope will inspire me for the new year a head: 

"Ah yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it. "
- The Lion King

"Worry is a misuse of imagination."
- Dan Zadra 

“The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling,

but in rising every time we fall.”
- Nelson Mandela 

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions."
- Dalai Lama 

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." 
- Oscar Wilde 

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."
- Abraham Lincoln 

"The first recipe for happiness is : avoid too lengthy meditation on the past." 
- Andre Maurois 

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
― Mae West


“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness 

was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I 

wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I 

didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t 

understand life.”

- John Lennon 


I have just noticed that lots of the quotes are about happiness, and I guess that what it's all about really: so have a 'happy' new year. 
I would love to know of your new years resolutions or any of your favourite quotes? 


Yours, 

Emma Dilemma

P.S. Quote of the day- all the above. 

9 comments:

  1. I've always loved the John Lennon quote. I have also often wondered whether it really happened, very profound for a five year old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I am not too sure but either way I think it's very profound :).

      X

      Delete
  2. Love this post and the Oscar Wilde quote is one of my favourites :) I like the idea of not doing resolutions and just focusing on being happy. I've started a new blogger button recently called Sunflower Blogger and it's where once a month, people who have the button do a post about something positive in their life/ what's making them happy and use the hashtag #SunflowerBlogger. Let me know if you are interested :) xxx www.imaginedreamwrite.com/sunflower-blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). I would absolutely love to be a part for the Sunflower Blogger, it sounds lovely. What a really nice idea, I think optimism is a great thing.

      X

      Delete
    2. What a brilliant idea! As I am rubbish at making time to search out blogs, I've added IDW to my bloglovin feed - look forward to reading it!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post Emma. Definitely food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, hope you enjoyed reading :).

      X

      Delete
  4. I love all of these quotes and you're so right about having the opportunity to change things any time of the year!

    I hope you have a very happy new year! These quotes will definitely stick with me (:

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). Happy New Year to you too and that's so lovely to hear.

      X

      Delete