Pages

Saturday 1 June 2013

A letter from Emma about: Me.

Hi. My name is Emma.

This blog is title Emma Dilemma, because well I am a little indecisive about life, but one thing that I am decisive about is charity shops. I just love them. 

I am a studying Psychosocial Studies at Goldsmiths University. Being a student has meant that I am always looking at ways to save money. Although I enjoy pretty, fashionable clothes, I can no longer afford high street prices. However, over the past year I have begun to realise that I can still buy high street brands at a fraction of the price in local charity shops.

There has also been a huge increase in the popularity of 'vintage' fashion so it is not only acceptable but also fashionable to buy pre-loved clothes. Personally, I think it’s pointless buying 'vintage' looking garments in high street stores when I can get the real thing from charity shops. So I decided to go back to basics and source my vintage look from charity shops. In this blog I hope to encourage people’s love for charity shops. 

Shopping does take a little longer, but the satisfaction when you find an item that is unique and inexpensive is great. And the best thing about this whole experience is that every penny you spend goes to a fantastic cause.
As well as charity shops, I am also interested in psychology, sociology and art therapy.

I really like art and drawing.




Charity shops are great for resourcing art materials. My love of art and counselling means that inevitably the thought of becoming an art therapist is appealing. To do this, I will need cheap and creative art materials. Here is a picture of my niece Libby and some art therapy I did with her. 


N.b. The shirt I am wearing in the pciture was £2.50 from a charity shop.

And finally my other love in life is tea.



Which is great because, when charity shopping everyone needs a tea break.


Yours, 

Emma Dilemma.

P.S. Quote of the day - “Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is important that you do it."
-Mahatma Gandhi

2 comments: