Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

A letter from Emma about: Festival Fashion

Dear Reader,

With some of the best festivals of the year on the horizon, today's post is about sourcing that festival fashion look from charity shops. Pearl & Butter are running a festival fashion blogger competition. I thought I would apply with a charity shop sourced entry, festivals after all are all about embracing your inner hippie. 
My festival outfit is all about flowers and clothes that make dancing effortless.  Not only does sourcing your look in charity shops mean that ALL your money goes to a lovely cause but also because charity shops are so reasonably priced your festival look wont cost you a fortune so a bit of mud and rain can be taken more light heartedly!

So here it is, enjoy!   

 
 


Top
I brought this top from St Richard's Hospice for £3. The collar means you can display any lovely jewellery which is partularly on trend at the moment. Sometimes I wear this shirt over jeans, but for my festival look I have undone a few buttons and tied it around the waste for a self-made crop top. 
Skirt
£2.49 from Oxfam,what a bargain! My local Oxfam has a half price summer sale on at the moment (as if charity shops weren't reasonably priced enough!) and I found this floral gem. It's nice and floaty, perfect for dancing and also the fabric is nice and cool which makes it perfect for warm summer weather. 
Bag
I brought this bag for £4.95 from St Richard's Hospice, (see Acorn's blog post) this bag is particularly great for festivals because of the variant straps: hand bag and side bag.  So you can fling it over your sholder when dancing. The other great thing about this bag is that it's large enough to hold my cardigan...
Cardigan
This is an essential for the evening, at festivals most of the big acts play late at night and it can be quite chilly! I brought this for £3.50 from Break Charity store, it's so nice and warm and has lovely buttons. 
Headband
Refuse & Reuse! I got this for £5 from a previous festival, buy one and you don't need to buy one again, just keep re-using it. Every festival outfit looks great with a flower headband... that and wellies
Flowers
No festival is complete without flowers, you can grow your own and take them with you.

***

So, that's my festival outfit, hope I have inspired some charity shop shopping.


Yours, 

Emma Dilemma

P.s. Quote of the day- "Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want." 
- Anna Lappe



2 comments:

  1. cute festival outfit! and love that all the items are/were found in charity shops. lovely blog as well, would love it if we could perhaps keep in touch and follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin'? please feel free to check out my blog and let me know on there if you'd like to.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I really love charity shopping I like that all my money goes to a good cause. Yes of course, I have followed you on both, and what a lovely blog you have! You have a great eye for fashion.
    Thanks for reading. xxx

    ReplyDelete